As the Seat of Laurel County, Kentucky, the city of London and its 8,100 residents are located in the south-central region of the state, 76 miles south of Lexington and 98 miles north of Knoxville, Tennessee. If you’re planning to move there, you can relax knowing that My Three Sons Moving services in London, KY can assist with local and long-distance relocations and ensure a smooth transition for your home or office. With a number of customizable moving options, we can provide a relocation package that is tailored to your specific needs and requirements.
What is London, KY known for?
Despite its size, it might surprise you to know that London is the 2nd largest city in the U.S with that name and the 4th largest globally. As the County Seat of Laurel County, it is considered a “vacation crossroads” and is located roughly halfway between Knoxville and Lexington. Consequently, London is a special place for businesses as well as new residents and visitors. So, when you’re ready to settle down in London, My Three Sons Moving Co. is only a phone call away from helping you get there. We have helped people move for years and can be of assistance for partial or full services, as required.
Why do people move to the “Bluegrass State?”
There are several valid reasons to consider moving to London or any other city in the state for that matter. For the first time visitor, you’ll find that Kentucky has plenty of advantages, amenities, and attributes to satisfy anyone. The My Three Sons Moving specialists in London, KY have listed the following reasons for moving to London or Kentucky in general:
- Affordable housing – Even in the larger cities of Lexington and Louisville, the median home price is $125k while the average rent for a 2-bedroom home is around $700 per month. This is considerably lower than what you would find in other states.
- Kentucky’s extra season – while other states boast having all 4 seasons, Kentucky has 5 with the 5th season being “Derby Season” in honor of the Kentucky Derby. The state’s residents spend a few weeks prior to the event attending an assortment of celebrations, festivals, and parties.
- Location – Kentucky’s eastern south-central location is convenient for traveling to several major cities including Cincinnati, Nashville, and St. Louis (just to name a few).
- Outdoor adventures – Kentucky is a must-visit state for those who crave enjoying the great outdoors. Be sure to take in sights such as:
- Lake Cumberland State Resort Park
- Mammoth Cave National Park
- Otter Creek Outdoor Recreation Area
- Red River Gorge and the Natural Bridge (a sandstone rock bridge)
- Strong workforce – the auto industry is driven by the Ford assembly plant in Louisville while Toyota has manufacturing facilities in Erlanger and Georgetown. The education and healthcare sectors also have a strong presence in the state. Furthermore, London has a thriving industrial and retail sector.
In addition to this, the city of London is a quiet town where the locals contend that the weather is just right year-round. However, the city’s beautiful scenery, cheap utility rates, great weather, and low cost of living make London an ideal location for families and young professionals alike. These are the primary reasons why many individuals have chosen London to be their new home town and have had the My Three Sons Moving specialists in London, KY help them with their transition.
What moving services are offered at My Three Sons Moving Co.?
When moving, you want an experienced and reliable team of professionals to help. We provide local and long-distance moving and relocation services for commercial and residential clients alike. Moving can be a stressful experience, especially if you try to handle it on your own. And that is why we are here to shoulder the responsibility of your move. The My Three Sons Moving specialists in London, KY can assist with:
Commercial moving – we’ve built a reputation on our ability to move businesses on budget and on time, while minimizing the disruptions to their daily operations and the loss of productivity. We’ll help you move safely and ensure all assistance throughout the move.
Residential moving – whether you’re moving two or three blocks away or within the state, My Three Sons Moving Co. can facilitate your relocation quickly and efficiently. Our many combined years of experience and dedication to providing superior customer service have helped us move hundreds of businesses and families during our history.
For more information about our My Three Sons Moving services in London, KY, contact My Three Sons Moving Co. today at (866) 410-8013. We are here to answer your questions and offer additional information about your specific requirements. Call us now and let’s plan your move.