As a Better Business Bureau-accredited company, My Three Sons Moving Co. is more than qualified to assist with your relocation needs. As the premier moving company in Colorado Springs, we are obligated to provide important information about relocating during the pandemic. Our experts are here to provide answers to the question “Can I move during COVID-19?” Although you can move locally or long-distance, we ask that you check with the government of the city or state that you’re moving to beforehand.
Should you be moving during the pandemic?
We’ve found that, for many individuals, their moving date isn’t negotiable. Many have leases that are expiring or are starting a new job in the immediate future. In either case, we want you to have access to the relocation services you need. The bottom line is that if your moving date is flexible, you should consider waiting to move, especially if you’re in one of the following high-risk groups.
- Individuals of any age are at increased risk if they have cancer, chronic kidney disease, compromised immune systems, COPD, Down Syndrome, heart conditions, obesity, pregnancy, sickle cell disease, are smokers, and Type 2 diabetes.
- Individuals of any age might be at increased risk if they have asthma, cystic fibrosis, high blood pressure or hypertension, neurologic conditions, are overweight, pulmonary fibrosis, Type 1 diabetes, and weakened immune systems.
Furthermore, if you can’t reschedule your move with My Three Sons Moving Co. but are concerned about being exposed to COVID-19, a DIY move might be a better option provided you are physically able to do so. If you need custom tailored services, please let us know about your requirements.
Are moving companies considered essential businesses?
Every city, county, and state are different where the closure of non-essential businesses is concerned. Fortunately, Colorado moving companies are considered essential businesses during the statewide shelter-in-place order. Still, it’s important to research this as lock-down and stay-at-home orders are not a one-size-fits-all mandate. Regardless, states that have lock-down and stay-at-home orders in place still consider moving companies as essential businesses.
My Three Sons Moving Co. considers the safety of their customers and employees. We feel that it’s safe to relocate during the pandemic provided you follow the CDC’s recommended guidelines. We are following those guidelines as well as those from the AMSA (American Moving and Storage Association). Our company is classified as logistics and transportation entities of Colorado essential businesses and nearly every other state as well. We are open for business and will remain as such. Your safety is our concern and we’ll take adequate care about our team and you so that everything is done as per state mandated regulations.
What preventative measures have we taken?
At My Three Sons Moving Co., we prioritize your safety and well-being just as we have our own. We’ve taken several preventative measures in order to mitigate the risk of exposure and spreading the virus in all facets of our operation. During the pandemic, our relocation specialists will be:
- Changing employee scheduling to reduce the possibility of large gatherings
- Frequently washing our hands
- Greeting customers with a smile rather than a handshake
- Practicing social distancing when we’re in your home
- Using disinfectants to clean doors, handles, and all moving equipment
- Using gloves and hand sanitizers throughout every move
In addition to the above, video chat technology now enables us to eliminate in-home and in-person interaction while still being able to prepare an accurate estimate of the cost of your move.
What can you do to prepare for a moving during the COVID-19 pandemic?
As our customer, we value your health and safety just like we value our own. However, this is a two-way street that requires adherence to CDC guidelines and participation on both sides. While we maintain our safety precautions, we ask that you take the following steps in order to protect your family’s health and well-being as well. My Three Sons Moving Co. recommends the following:
- Avoid touching your face.
- Buy new moving boxes (or we can supply them with other packing materials).
- Dedicate one bathroom in your home for our employee’s use.
- Open all doors and windows to improve ventilation and minimize risk.
- Practice social distancing.
- Sanitize all belongings and seal them in bags and/or boxes.
- Stay home as often as you can.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Wear gloves when packing and unpacking.
To learn more about moving during the COVID-19 pandemic or to schedule a virtual visit and prepare a cost quote for your upcoming move, call My Three Sons Moving Co. at (866) 410-8013 or visit our website today. Our experts are available to assist you with your custom requirements. Call us now.